Mood Food

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Consciousness Cleanse Day 1: The Gift of Desire

21-Day Consciousness Cleanse book coverSo, the whole world knows about Oprah and her insight and passion for finding your inner spirit.   Well, this suits me well.  I wouldn't exactly call myself a simple person. I am sure my husband would agree that I am complicated. So, a consciousness cleanse is definitely what I need. Last year about this time, Oprah and Debbie Ford, author of the 21 Day Consciousness Cleanse encouraged everyone to dive in and sort of tidy up your soul.  Here I am, ready and willing, a little excited, a little afraid, but a whole lot interested to see the results at the end of these 3 weeks.  Each day has a new purpose and activity that coincides to achieve the desired outcome. Join in on the ride, I dare ya!

Here's the plan: starting today, I will commit wholeheartedly to completing the agenda for each day.  Then, at the end of the day I will share what I have thought, felt, done, achieved, lacked, and probably at nauseum (just a mild warning). Housekeeping on the soul is not exactly succinct, ya know?

I am hoping this process will be cathartic if not a purging of sorts.  Although just doing this and writing this and sending it out into i-space is sure to have its' own benefits, I do hope that someone out there will share their pearls of wisdom and experiences and maybe even embark on this journey as well.

Day 1: The Gift of Desire.  Sounds promising. Desire.  I can handle desire. According to the instructions, you have to decide on an inner goal as well as an outer goal and then turn inward and think about how achieving these goals can change your life if not the lives of those around you, too.

I gotta get busy. Desire here I come!

1 comment:

  1. "Housekeeping on the soul"-- Did you make that up? Brilliant. I can totally visualize that. Although, I'm noticing a bit too much dust in my corners and then some hinges that need some greasing.
    Well, push up the sleeves my lady, cuz there's always work to do. (I've noticed that as a homemaker.) May you enjoy the journey and be able to smile at the job well done. Here's to year 2011! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete